Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Out of Macie's Mouth....

Our darling little Moo is well and truly into her "Threes".

She can articulate what she wants, express her feelings, tell us off for doing something that we tell her not to and she makes us laugh.  Every.single.day.
Here are a few beauties:

*Some of these have been shared on my personal FB page so sorry in advance for any of my friends reading this*

1.  Getting ready for town always involves a fair bit of negotiating and the usual threat from either Heath or I stating to Macie "If you don't stop that tantrum/attitude/all of the above, then we aren't going". 

The other day after saying the said threat, Willsy decided to have a meltdown.  Probably because he was dressed in clothes including socks and was looking at his feet like they were now alien to him.  Anyway - next thing we hear from Macie is:

"Mate - that's it.  You heard Mum & Dad.  You can't come to town now so stop that crying now.  Now William.  Ok - that's fine.  You can stay home with Boss and Morty (our dogs)." 

Then add in a very defiant stomp of the foot and a swift turn on the heel and she was out of there!!  Meanwhile Heath & I were doing the not-so-serious--while-trying-to-contain-the-snort-laugh Face.  You know that one right?  Usually involves either your head in a pillow trying to muffle the laugh that your body wants to explode out of your lungs - or perhaps your hand over your mouth while the laugh continues to make farting noises through your fingers.  Yep we are classics at those.

2.  Found my wedding DVD today and was so excited to show Macie. So we sat down together all happy and next thing I know Macie is absolutely emotionally hysterical when she can see Heath & I on the alter.

Me: "Whats wrong Moo?"
Moo: "You are so far away."
Me: "I dont understand what you mean."
Moo: *fully hysterical now* "You ran away Mummy - you are so far away - I cant touch you - you are in the TV"
Me: *laugh so hard I may have snorted*
Moo: *past hysterical* "It's nooooot funny Mummy! Come back Mummy! Come back"

I think it's safe to say that Macie FULLY 100% BELIEVES that people live in the TV.


Yep - I'm saving this beauty for her 21st.

3.  And then today, while I was under the false illusion that my children were happily playing together in Willsy's room - I hear the blood curdling scream that makes any parent drop any said object and run like the wind. 

I run into Willsys room to find Macie saying "I was just trying to give him a cuddle Mummy....I picked him up....You are OK mate.  Please dont be mad.  Mummy I am so sorry"...

Willsy ends up with a black eye that quickly forms.  He cried for 22 seconds and was quickly more interested in the lego (such a boy!) but our poor darling Macie took about 22 minutes to settle.  She was just so devastated that she hurt her "brovver".  God Bless Her.
She is funny. 

She makes us laugh.

She is ours. 

X

2 comments: