Friday, March 9, 2012

My.Bestest.Friend.Ever

There are some things in life that I can't live without....

: my morning coffee
: watching my babies sleep
: my gel breast pads (too much information?!)
: the list just keeps on going, etc, etc, etc....

but more importantly, my mum.

My darling mum came to visit for a couple of nights and I sadly waved her goodbye this morning.  It's times like these when I am holding a newborn and have a two year old clinging to my leg that I really love spending time with MY mum. 

I love being ordered to go for a sleep while meanwhile she is acting like a little housekeeping fairy.  Or when I wake up to find her snuggling on the couch with Macie watching Peppa Pig (what else?) and giggling away.  Or when she can soothe my baby boy like they have known each other for years.  Or when both babies are sleeping, we drink coffee and laugh about how HER baby is having babies and wonder where the years have gone?  We talk and talk and talk....about nothing much but always something important.

PJ cuddles with my babies....she has no idea I took this photo. 
Mums are special and I only hope that I have the same relationship with my babies.  The kind of relationship that is so meticulously measured with respect, friendship and love.  The kind where distance is no barrier and laughter is mandatory. 

She is my Bestest.Friend.Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment