Sunday, December 18, 2011

All I want for Christmas....

Heath and I have made a pact to each other this year not to buy each other presents.  Instead we splurged on a beaut new flat-screen TV that Heath has been begging me to agree to for years.  Apparently my 10 year old little TV box didn't satisfy the craving....and eventually I relented and agreed to fill our already-small living/eating area with a massive television.  Anyway....

Just because I have agreed to no presents....still doesn't mean that I can't dream....

Here is my Top 5 4  (I couldn't think of a 5th thing I wanted!) list of what I would love to get this Christmas....thanks to Pinterest!

A handbag that goes with anything - yep....I want need this baby. 
Down to my last few sprays of my Chanel perfume.....
A babymoon to a place like this.....


Call us mad but Macie has started to fall asleep while being cuddled and sung to....so we are happily soaking up the precious moments watching her eyelids slowly get heavier and heavier and then feeling her body melt as she falls asleep.  As this baby continues to grow at a rapid rate, I find myself dreaming of a beautiful chair like this....
Instead of all the things above - I have been treated to an early Christmas present - a "ME" day where I had lunch with a girlfriend and had my hair cut for the first time in over 12 months.   Then the cherry on the top of the cake is that I get another "ME" night out with my closest friends this week - all child-free.

With all that being said - I really do feel that I don't need all the "stuff" above to make me feel satisfied.  I have a loving & understanding husbo, a beautiful Macie, a healthy baby incubating and learning how to do a fantastic kick in the ribs, a loving family and such a gorgeous circle of friends.  I have my health, Heath has his and we have the health of our children - which is so much more valuable than anything.

But most of all - I have happiness, gratitude, and love for MY life.  As simple as it may be - I love it, and it's times like Christmas that makes me even more gracious. 

What are you hoping for this Christmas?  I truly hope that in between all the presents and chaos - you all find the love and happiness you deserve. 

Merry Christmas - from my heart to yours.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment