Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Breaking the mundane....

Over the last few weeks, I have felt that the days were coming and going - it has felt mundane and boring - and I know that Macie has noticed it.  Perhaps the freezing weather has contributed....but it is not really any kind of excuse. 

So, I have been making a conscience effort to break the mould.  Even if it means that we blow bubbles in the yard in the blistering cold with our 5 layers and beanies - or we bake cakes just so we can lick the smooth chocolate batter off the beaters.  If it's something different - then we love it. 

I don't like mundane....I feel like it's the toxin that sends me into shutdown and makes me grow fangs in the middle of the night before waking up like a bear roaring before the day has even begun.  Heath usually cops the brunt of it and I often find myself profusely apologising for being such a witch.  Lucky for me, he always finds it to forgive me with a kiss and a cuddle...and a gentle suggestion to find time in the day for a little nap.  God bless him.

Admittedly, in our little country town, there isn't a great deal to do to 'break the mould' - but it's the perfect reason to get creative....

Coffee with friends at our favourite spot with a cage play-pen for the kids to play while their Mama's talk about all things unneccessary. 



Pumpkin Soup lunch dates just with Mummy and Macie - where we sing, be silly and laugh. 

And to be really creative - I decided to take Macie to the Library as she is experiencing an increasing desire for either her Mummy or Daddy to read her books all day long.  There is definitely no complaints coming from me - I live and love to read and simply wish I had more time in the day - and I have managed to pass that passion onto Heath and Macie.  Pretty chuffed - if I may says so. 

So, we walked into the library hand-in-hand without any arguments.....and Macie lets out a huge "OH WOOOOOOW".....it was her idea of a playground.....with lots of books and toys to let her imagination go wild.  Luckily, the Librarian is one of our very closest friends (beauty of living in a small town) so the threat of being kicked out of the Library due to Macie's high-pitched squeals of delight were next to none....thank god.


I let Macie take the reigns....I let her choose the books.....and I patiently waited until she was ready to go.  No tantrums - No tears.....just a whole heap of fun......even if 3 out of the 6 books we loaned have absolutely NO words in them.  How is this possible??

We have made the conscience effort to break the mundane and fill this house with giggles instead of tears.  We chase each other around before bed time and Macie giggles so hard that she falls into bed deeply content - and we collapse on the couch - filled with our daily dose of satisfaction and delight of being parents to such a beautiful little girl. 

***********************

To be true to myself and to be thankful for my beautiful life - I have taken on the Hallmark Challenge - Life is a Special Occasion - which I read about on one of my all time favourite blogs.   The idea is to write a message to 7 people just to tell them you love them - and I can't think of a better way to stop and really smell the roses...and be thankful for all the special people in my life. 

I promise to let you know who I write to - and most importantly, why they are special to me - and I encourage for you all to do the same (and share).  For we all know how much a small message can go a long way to create happiness - and happiness with a touch of love and peace - makes the world go round. 

***********************

A few followers of my Facebook page may have seen that I am getting a bit serious about this "Sponsor" gig on my blog.  It's times like these where I feel like I need to do something different and be innovative with my blog - so I have been busy sorting through Sponsorship e-mails and contacting businesses that I would love to be involved in the Dalli goodness. 

I will be placing the spotlight on so many amazing designers and offering many giveaways, discounts and little treasures to all my beautiful readers.  Don't stress though - this blog will not change and instead all these little items and sponsors will be incorporated into the every day - sometimes mundane life - at the Dalli Cottage. 

If you would like to become a Sponsor - then please do not hesitate to contact me via e-mail.  I would love to hear from you and get to know your gorgeous business.

************************

So, if you feel like you are stuck in a rut - go and do something different.  Go and write a special note to 7 of your special people - Go and dance in the rain - or simply go and play with your kids.  You will find your glass being filled and overflowing....and your heart free from any toxins.  

Trust me. 

1 comment:

  1. And there is beautiful Macie in her beautiful jacket, makes me smile everytime :)

    ReplyDelete